Peanut Butter Pumpkin Dog Biscuits
Baking homemade treats for your dog is a simple and fun thing to do, especially during the cold winter months in Edmonton! Your dog will most likely be watching you, baking in the kitchen, wondering if they’ll ever get to sample anything you make when you suddenly surprise them with a treat! What an exciting day as a dog!
Buying treats can be difficult if you think your pet as allergies (or does), but when you make your own, you can modifying the ingredients and have total control of what goes into them! If your dog is gluten-free, swap out the whole wheat flour for almond or coconut flour. If someone in the family has a peanut allergy, but can eat another nut, swap out the peanut butter for almond or another nut butter.
Reasons why you might want to make your own dog treats
- You can control what ingredients go in to the teach
- Cost Effective
- Don’t have to run to the store for more
- You can control the size (make smaller ones for training!)
- It’s fun for the whole family to get involved!
- Your dog will love being a taste tester!
Easy Dog Treats with only 6 ingredients
- 1/2 Pumpkin canned
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP Peanut Butter
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix pumpkin, eggs, peanut butter together.
- Add in Cinnamon, Salt and Flour and mix well
- You can either roll out the cookie dough on a floured surface to about ¼ inch thickness and use your favorite cookie cutter to cut out the cookies in your favourite shapes. Or you can take the dough and press it into a mold as we did for these paw cookies.
- Place the cookies on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. They don’t expand very much, so they can be placed close together.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Cook and serve to your awaiting pup who will be begging to sample a treat!!
Keep treats in the fridge for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months.