Banana Carrot Oatmeal Dog Treats!
Baking treats in the comfort of your home in Edmonton means that you should never run out of treats to reward your dog during training, games or just because they are so dang cute! Baking at home also keeps the treat flavours fun and exciting for your pup if you like to switch up your recipes.
Anyone here ever save their overripe bananas in the freezer for banana bread? This recipe is a great way to get rid of some of those bananas. And even better yet, there’s a very high chance that you already have most of these ingredients as well.
Get the kidlets involved too, bet they would love to contribute their mixing and baking skills while treating their beloved dog too!
Don’t want to miss out on upcoming treat recipes? Sign up for our monthly newsletter on the Dog Jogs website. A new treat recipe is added each month!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick cook oatmeal
- 1 banana
- 2 carrots
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. parsley
- 1 whole egg
- Firstly, Gather all your ingredients! It can help speed the process up to have everything out on the counter.
If you have a kitchen aid mixer use it
- Throw your bananas in to the mixer while you grate your carrots up.
- Combine all ingredients into to the mixer bowl and stir until well combined. *leave a small amount of flour for the counter and rolling of the treats.
- Flip dough out onto floured surface.
- press flat your hands and then roll the dough out to to 1/4” to 1/2” thickness depending on how you want it!
cut out dough using a cookie cutter in your desired shape or cut into small training bite sized treats.
- Place carrot cookies on greased (or reusable baking mat) baking sheet and bake in oven preheated to 350° F for 30 minutes.
- If you want a soft breakable treat pull them out then, but if prefer a harder treat cook them about 10 minutes longer.
- Let cool.
- Can be stored in the fridge for a week in an airtight container to about 3 months in the freezer.
- Use them to train or just reward you dogs!
Do you have any treat recipes requests that you would like us to feature? Please send us an email with your idea at [email protected]