We need your help!
Pets are considered a member of the family for many Albertans. There are a number of pet-care businesses that have the capacity to provide professional, safe care to pets and their owners in our province especially in times of crisis. Pets need to be cared for in times of crisis, just like humans. Albertans need to focus on their jobs, their families, and their health-and at the end of a long day return to a happy, healthy pet.
Who needs services?
- Frontline workers,
- Elderly people,
- People physically unable to care for their animals (because of illness, injury or temporary disability)
The current situation
In light of the current COVID-19 crisis, we have adapted our policies and procedures, allowing us to continue providing safe, professional pet care to our clients.
What can you do?
- Contact the AB Minister for Labour and Immigration, Hon. Minister Jason Copping (We’ll show you how, below!)
- Contact your MLA
- Let them know you think pet care should be an Essential Service.
Contact your MLA-let them know pet care should be an essential service!
Write an email – You can either copy and paste our letter of intent below or write your own message of support stating that you use pet care services and/or why you think they should be essential.
Dear Hon. Minister Jason Copping;
I am writing to you today to ask that the essential service designation for animal health, livestock and pet stores be extended to the pet care sector. There are a number of pet-care businesses that have the capacity to provide professional, safe care to pets and their owners in our province. And I would hope they be allowed to continue operating as essential services.
For pet owners, having pet care in place during a crisis is an important support to consider, yet can be easily overlooked. Knowing there are businesses out there making sure beloved pets are cared for allows pet owners to focus on their job, and at the end of a long day return to a happy, healthy pet.
Having pet care in place allows frontline workers, elderly Albertans, disabled Albertans and those who may be physically unable to care for their pets, ease of mind. Having pet-care professionally delivered allows their day-to-day activities to continue with a sense of normalcy, with an added benefit of checking in on vulnerable populations.
It is my hope that Pet sitters, Dog walkers and Dog Daycares and Boarding facilities be included on the list of essential services, and be allowed to continue operating.
YOUR FIRST NAME YOUR LAST NAME
YOUR PHONE NUMBER
Send it to the Government:
- Email the Minister of Labour and Immigration: Hon. Jason Copping –[email protected]
- CC the Official Opposition Critic for Labour and Immigration, MLA Christina Gray – [email protected]
- CC your personal MLA for your district – To do this, click here to find your MLA. Once you have your MLA’s name, click here to find their contact information/email address
- CC Dog Jogs’ MLA – Jasvir Deol – [email protected]
Share on Social
Tell your networks how you feel, and ask them to act as well!